Wednesday, November 24, 2010

His kind of girl (6)


“He’s definitely caring and all but we grew up together. Nicky you know that!” I complained.  Nicky stopped combing her hair and looked at me. “It’s amazing how blind you are.” She said. “No I’m not. I know Sedem is a nice guy but…” I started but she cut in rudely. “Oh my goodness, you are that blind. You are doing the same thing Nana did.” I paused for a minute. She was right. Nana wouldn’t date me for the exact same reason and I was calling him a jerk. Maybe I was just like him, a jerkette though. “Well sweety, the ball is in your court. I can’t tell you what to do. Besides, Sedem is my cousin so I really don’t want to get involved in this. Good luck. I have to get going. Max is on his way to my place.” She said and walked to her car. She gave me a hug and drove off. She didn’t make my situation any better. I looked up and admired the stars for a moment. “God give me a sign.” I said and walked into the house.

After careful thought, I decided to do the best thing. I was going to test how I felt about Pierre and Sedem. They say kisses don’t lie. I mean how else would I know who I wanted to settle down with? I knew Nicky wouldn’t agree to this so I decided to do it all by myself. It was going to be hard but I knew I could pull it off. That weekend I called Sedem up and asked if we could talk. He suggested we go on a date. I agreed and we went to see a movie. I must admit I was very comfortable around him. We made silly jokes here and there and got a cozy place to sit in the cinema. Things got a little awkward when he put his arm around me. It was just a bit weird but when he said, “My arm isn’t a beast you know.” I giggled and leaned closer to him. This wasn’t as bad as I thought. 

“I had a really fun time.” I said when we got back. We were parked in front of my house. There was a brief silence. “So have you made up your mind about what I said?” Sedem asked nervously. This was not going to be easy. “No not yet, I’m still taking my time. I don’t want to make the wrong decision.” I explained. I saw his face turn cold. Just impulsively, I moved closer to him and kissed him. My heart was beating really fast. When I moved back his expression was priceless. Almost immediately he grabbed me and kissed me again. This was nice.

From being in the background to being hot cake was amazing. Sedem called me a thousand times every day. The attention was so much fun. He made me laugh even more. I did think about settling down with him but the mystery of kissing Pierre was just too tempting so when he asked to have dinner with him after work one day I said yes as fast as Road Runner. Pierre was very classy. When other boys will say, “Let’s go grab a bite,” he would say, “would you like to have dinner with me?” He seemed like a perfect gentleman from a movie. Maybe that’s why I wasn’t too free with him. It was almost like I was on a date with a celebrity. I was even afraid of how I would kiss him. Chale ino be easy oooh. 

“Why don’t we go over to your place?” I suggested, after our amazingly EXPENSIVE meal. But I wasn’t bothered he worked at Bank of Ghana! He smiled and looked at me funny. Was I sending the wrong signals? “If you don’t want to it’s fine.” I added quickly. “No, no it’s not that I don’t want to. It’s just late and I have a meeting early tomorrow.” He answered, taking his last sip of wine. Yes I said wine! I nodded unstably like a bubble head and sipped on MY glass of wine too. This was fancy living. I hoped his money wasn’t going to cloud my head. I mean Sedem was well to do too but Pierre dierr…undisputed! We walked out of the restaurant to his car. When we got to the car he took out his keys but froze. He walked to me and grabbed my hand, dragging me along. “Come, I want to show you something.” He said with a very bright smile. He stopped in front of a very beautiful view of Accra by night. “Isn’t this lovely? The lights match your earrings.” He teased. I laughed and stared at the unbelievable view. “Bling, bling..” he teased, playing with my earrings. I took a deep breath, turned around and went for the kiss. The breeze was refreshing and Pierre’s lips were just like the view…unbelievable. The kiss went on and on and on. I had butterflies flying around in my stomach. It felt like a dream and I didn’t want to wake up…

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment