Monday, December 4, 2017

Broken 2


I had had so many drinks at this point I needed to use the washroom. "Hey, I'll be right back." I said to Pablo and walked off. I wondered what time Daisy and Lawrence would want to go home. I was having so much fun. On my way back from the washroom I was thinking about an excuse to give to make Daisy stay longer and then everything went cold. I saw Kevin walking with a friend of his. He saw me and smiled. I wasn't sure what to do or say when he walked to me.

"Maggie, looking good." He said. I could tell he was drunk. "Thanks. How are you doing?" I asked. Kevin shook his head and turned to his friend. "PY and I are chilling small. Dawg your white boy and join us. We are going to Firefly from here." He offered. I wasn't sure what to say. I turned to look at Pablo. I decided to be like him. Kevin was being rude. If he really wanted to hang out with me he would have called me earlier. "No thanks I'll pass. See you later." I said and walked back to Pablo. Kevin just stood there surprised.

Somehow I was glad I stepped out that night. I noticed Kevin was watching a football match at the bar but would regularly turn to look at us. I decided to give him a show. I sat closer to Pablo, put my palm on his thigh every now and then and laughed a lot. The laughing part was easy because he was full of jokes. After a while Kevin walked up to us. "Maggie, could you come here?" He asked politely. I walked closer to him. "We are leaving in 5 minutes. Are you coming?" He asked. PY came and joined us. I greeted him and told them I wasn't going with them. Kevin shook his head and walked off. "This is low Maggie. I didn't expect this from you. " PY said and followed Kevin. I stood there confused. Low? Just then Daisy and Lawrence showed up. "My goodness I should have known Kevin would come here. What trash did he say?" She asked.

At this point I wanted to go home. I told Daisy what PY and Kevin said and she told me not to take them seriously. I knew she was right but if Kevin was jealous didn't it mean he still liked me and wanted me back? I nodded to everything Daisy said but I wanted to go home. Pablo offered to take me as he said he was also leaving. I snapped back into my normal self with plans to call Kevin the next day to talk and clear everything out. It was annoying that I missed him.

When we got to my house Pablo walked me to my door. He told me he hadn't had this much fun in a while and obviously that was mutual. After a brief silence he leaned in and kissed me. I wasn't expecting this at all so I moved back. "I'm sorry I thought... the way we were at the pub... I figured..." He stuttered. Oh no! I had sent him wrong signals when I was trying to make Kevin jealous. I couldn't tell him the truth. "I'm sorry I just broke up with my ex boyfriend and I'm not sure I'm ready for anything right now." I said. He stared at me for a second and nodded. "Yea sure, I understand. I'm sorry I took this the wrong way." He said. "No it's my fault. I hope we are still cool?" I asked trying to make eye contact. "Yea of course." He replied. We said our goodnights and Pablo left.

When I got into bed I took out my phone and there was a text from Kevin. "Firefly was really fun. It would have been better if you had come. Are you still at the pub?" It read. I smiled and just before I could reply I got another text. It was Pablo. "Hey, just wanted to say goodnight. I'm about to crash now. See you on Monday." His text read. How did I go from having no one ever text me to having two at the same time? I giggled. I replied Kevin's message first. "Maybe next time when you invite me properly I'll come. I'm off to bed goodnight." I then went ahead to reply Pablo. "Goodnight Pablo, tonight was fun." In no time at all I fell asleep

To be continued... 

Click on the follow button on the side bar on the right to get notifications when a new episode is live :) 

3 comments: