Sunday, April 29, 2018

A night to remember 2


I got out of the car to look for the lady but she was nowhere to be found. I asked the hawkers around and they confirmed that someone on a motorbike picked her up. "Ai, ai ai this can't be happening. How did she do that?!" I exclaimed. Just then I remembered I had a tracking software on the laptop. Immediately she turned it on I would be able to trace it. I hopped back into the taxi and asked the driver to drive in the direction the biker went.

The only thing that threw my suspicion off the driver was the fact that he told me his car had an inbuilt camera that recorded footage for the day. In my presence he requested for the footage to be sent to me so I could take it to the police station. I checked the app on my phone to see if the laptop had been turned on but there was no luck. I decided to drop off at my brother's house not far away.

"Edem what do you want here?" Keli, my older brother said when he saw me at his door. "You are so welcoming." I said and walked into the house. I sat down and told him everything. "Ah so why are you coming to me? Do I sell laptops? Ma guy forget about it and buy a new one," Keli said cheekily. He had a point but with what money? Just then my phone beeped. It was a notification from the tracking app. I rushed for the phone and confirmed my suspension. The laptop had been turned on and it was just about 200 meters away. "Bingo, I've found it!" I exclaimed and stood up immediately. "If they see you they'll recognize you. Take this and remove your shirt." Keli said. He was right. I collected the baseball cap he handed over to me and took off my long sleeve shirt leaving my black inner tshirt. "I need to go." I said and dashed out.

I followed the directions on the app and realised I was getting very close. Just as I got closer my phone beeped. I saw that it was an email from the taxi service with the video the driver had requested. I opened it immediately and watched it. The lady put her bag on my laptop bag when she entered the car. When she was leaving she grabbed both but I didn't notice because her bag was covering it. I saw that she had a flower tattoo on her arm. Just then a call came in. It was Kwesi. I kept cutting the call to continue following the gps but he just wouldn't stop calling. "What is it?!" I answered out of frustration. "Chale some fine girl wants your number oh. She saw you on my IG. I think she..." He started but I cut him short. "Chale I make hot, I've been robbed," I said. Kwesi started asking for details but I just didn't have the time for that. "Ah, for where? What did they take?..." He asked. I remembered the video. "I'm sending you a video. It's all there." I said and hung up.

The app took a while to load after the call but finally came back and this time it was closer than I imagined. It indicated that the laptop was in a house across the street from where I was. My heart was pounding at this point. What if they were armed robbers? I second guessed myself for a minute and decided to take the risk.


To be continued... 

No comments:

Post a Comment