Emotionless 14

5:09 PM


The kiss was just for a few seconds but it felt so long. I think it was because my heart was racing. I couldn't believe it. After kissing so many men I still had butterflies with this kiss. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that." Edem said after. I smiled and kissed him back. This time again the butterflies rumbled in my stomach. He smiled and held my hand as we walked to his car. He opened the door for me and hopped into the car. "Where are we going?" I asked. He giggled and told me it was a surprise. I guessed he was taking me to his apartment, I mean that was where this seemed to be going. Then something caught my attention. A name I heard on the radio that was playing in the car, Alison.

I turned up the volume to hear what was being said. "Mrs Alison Coleman has for many years denied that she is a lesbian. Honestly I think people are just out to give her a hard time..." I heard the radio presenter say. My heart started racing. "Well one thing is for sure that her husband loves her. He is always denying these allegations." Another person on the radio said. "So you are sure there will be no divorce soon because Alison hinted in the last..." The presenter started but the other man cut in and said no. I was a confused by the information I was hearing.

"Hey, are you ok?" Edem asked. I wasn't sure what to say. Then what I did the other night made sense. Abena asked me to open the window so they take pictures of Alison and I in her bed together. Was major Coleman trying to use me to validate or at least make the claims of Alison bring a lesbian look true? Why would he do that to his own daughter in law?

Just then I heard something more enlightening on the radio. "We need to give Alison Coleman a break in such hard times. Her father's health gets worse everyday." The presenter said. Inheritance? Alison was the only child of her parents. If her father died she would get everything. The pieces were coming together nicely. Major Coleman probably threatened Alison with those pictures. I looked at Edem who had a puzzled look on his face. He stopped the car at the next bus stop. "What's wrong Lin?" He asked. My mind was spinning. I didn't want to have anything to do with Major Coleman anymore. I turned to Edem and forced a smile. He saw through me as usual. Then he turned to the radio. "Are you related to the vice president? Don't worry he won't die." Edem said. Tears fell from my face.

Edem was the last person I wanted to get caught up in this mess. "I'm really sorry. I can't burden you with my crazy life." I said to him. I was ashamed of myself. All this while I wanted him to see me a certain light but the truth decided to come out in a very nasty way. He kissed my forehead and told me tell him what the problem was. "Whatever it is I'll protect you." He said. I wiped my tears and told him everything. Somehow he didn't look surprised. Maybe he always suspected. I felt safe in Edem's arms. "Who else have you told about this?" He asked when I was done. "No one." I replied. "You are sure?" He asked again. "Edem, I'm even surprised I'm telling you. No one else knows." I replied.

"You need to run away. From your story men like Major Coleman are dangerous. My uncle has a house around Aburi. We can go there and figure things out properly." Edem suggested. It sounded like a good plan. My heart had stopped racing at this point. I looked out the window as Edem drove off. He had a rather worried look on his face. I knew I shouldn't have told him the truth. I could almost feel him judging me in his head. "I think we should stop somewhere so I get some towels, a toothbrush and stuff." I said to break the silence. Edem turned to look at me. "Oh don't worry it's a vacation home so my uncle keeps all that stuff there."  He replied and smiled.

We got to the house at about 11:45pm. The house was the only one in a dense bush. It was perfect for hiding. At least if anyone was coming for me we would see them. Edem had the keys and so we went inside immediately. He kissed me on the cheek and told me not to worry. He left to turn on the lights around the house. The hall had very minimal furniture. A couch center table and a TV on the wall. I put my bag down and sat on the couch. That was when I realised I left my phone in the car.

I walked in to car and picked it from the seat. I looked to see if I had any missed calls from major Coleman or Abena but there was nothing. As I walked back into the house I heard Edem's voice. He was talking on the phone. I wondered if he had even asked his uncle for permission to use the house. I was going to sneak up on him but I froze when I heard Edem's words. "Yes Major she's here with me at the Aburi house. No she hasn't. No one else knows. Ok sir I will handle it. Yes I'll do it tonight." Edem said. My heart started pounding as I watched him go back intoThe kiss was just for a few seconds but it felt so long. I think it was because my heart was racing. I couldn't believe it. After kissing so many men I still had butterflies with this kiss. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that." Edem said after. I smiled and kissed him back. This time again the butterflies rumbled in my stomach. He smiled and held my hand as we walked to his car. He opened the door for me and hopped into the car. "Where are we going?" I asked. He giggled and told me it was a surprise. I guessed he was taking me to his apartment, I mean that was where this seemed to be going. Then something caught my attention. A name I heard on the radio that was playing in the car, Alison.

I turned up the volume to hear what was being said. "Mrs Alison Coleman has for many years denied that she is a lesbian. Honestly I think people are just out to give her a hard time..." I heard the radio presenter say. My heart started racing. "Well one thing is for sure that her husband loves her. He is always denying these allegations." Another person on the radio said. "So you are sure there will be no divorce soon because Alison hinted in the last..." The presenter started but the other man cut in and said no. I was a confused by the information I was hearing. "Hey, are you ok?" Edem asked. I wasn't sure what to say. Then what I did the other night made sense. Abena asked me to open the window so they take pictures of Alison and I in her bed together. Was Major Coleman trying to use me to validate or at least make the claims of Alison bring a lesbian look true? Why would he do that to his own daughter in law?

Just then I heard something more enlightening on the radio. "We need to give Alison Coleman a break in such hard times. Her father's health gets worse everyday." The presenter said. Inheritance? Alison was the only child of her parents. If her father died she would get everything. The pieces were coming together nicely. Major Coleman probably threatened Alison with those pictures. I looked at Edem who had a puzzled look on his face. He stopped the car at the next bus stop. "What's wrong Lin?" He asked. My mind was spinning. I didn't want to have anything to do with Major Coleman anymore. I turned to Edem and forced a smile. He saw through me as usual. Then he turned to the radio. "Are you related to the vice president? Don't worry he won't die." Edem said.

Tears fell from my face. Edem was the last person I wanted to get caught up in this mess. "I'm really sorry. I can't burden you with my crazy life." I said to him. I was ashamed of myself. All this while I wanted him to see me a certain light but the truth decided to come out in a very nasty way. He kissed my forehead and told me tell him what the problem was. "Whatever it is I'll protect you." He said. I wiped my tears and told him everything. Somehow he didn't look surprised. Maybe he always suspected. I felt safe in Edem's arms. "Who else have you told about this?" He asked when I was done. "No one." I replied. "You are sure?" He asked again. "Edem, I'm even surprised I'm telling you. No one else knows." I replied.

"You need to run away. From your story men like Major Coleman are dangerous. My uncle has a house around Aburi. We can go there and figure things out properly." Edem suggested. It sounded like a good plan. My heart had stopped racing at this point. I looked out the window as Edem drove off. He had a rather worried look on his face. I knew I shouldn't have told him the truth. I could almost feel him judging me in his head. "I think we should stop somewhere so I get some towels, a toothbrush and stuff." I said to break the silence. Edem turned to look at me. "Oh don't worry it's a vacation home so my uncle keeps all that stuff there."  He replied and smiled.

We got to the house at about 11:45pm. The house was the only one in a dense bush. It was perfect for hiding. At least if anyone was coming for me we would see them. Edem had the keys and so we went inside immediately. He kissed me on the cheek and told me not to worry. He left to turn on the lights around the house. The hall had very minimal furniture. A couch center table and a TV on the wall. I put my bag down and sat on the couch. That was when I realised I left my phone in the car.

I walked in to car and picked it from the seat. I looked to see if I had any missed calls from major Coleman or Abena but there was nothing. As I walked back into the house I heard Edem's voice. He was talking on the phone. I wondered if he had even asked his uncle for permission to use the house. I was going to sneak up on him but I froze when I heard Edem's words. "Yes Major she's here with me at the Aburi house. No she hasn't. No one else knows. Ok sir I will handle it. Yes I'll do it tonight." Edem said. My heart started pounding as I watched him walk back into the house through the back door.


To be continued... 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts