Emotionless 9

12:11 PM

When my eyes opened it took me a while to remember what happened. I looked around and saw that I was in my apartment. Then I saw Edem cover me up with a cloth and turn to leave. "Edem." I called. He smiled and teased me about my alcohol intolerance. "Goodbye." I said. He smiled again. "I'm just a room away if you need anything." He said and left my apartment. I smiled and fell asleep again. That night I had so many nightmares. I was so grateful when it was morning. I got dressed and waited patiently for my ride.

General Coleman's guy got to my place around 10am. He looked at the things I had packed into suitcases and lead me downstairs into a black Benz. He was tall and wore a blue long sleeve shirt and striped tie. I had questions but he didn't look like the type who was even interested in a conversation. I sat down quietly as he drove to Osu. He finally parked in front of a big house. "Come." He said and I got out of the car. We walked into the house and went upstairs. We met a lady who greeted me. "I'll take it from here." She said to the man and he left. "Lin it's nice to meet you. My name is Abena. I'm going to be your sister." She said.

I wasn't sure I understood what Abena meant. She noticed my confusion and went on to explain. "On the project general Coleman wants you on he instructed that you have a sister. It strengthens your story and I will also help you with a lot of things you need. From what I hear you are not very tech savvy." Abena said. How did she know that! It was good that I met Abena she looked just a few years older than me. Maybe she could help me understand this better.

"Why does General Coleman want me to do this?" I asked. She ignored my question and showed me my room. It was huge. It had a laptop at the desk a very large wardrobe with clothes in it. The bed looked very comfortable with pillows all over it. The furniture was modern and beautiful. I was almost beginning to like the place. "You files are on the table. You can read through them, if you have any issues just let me know." Abena said, pointing to some flat files on the desk. I nodded and went to read them.

I went through all the files for the next couple of hours. It contained pictures and information about Coleman's wife, Alison. After reading everything I understood some of the things Coleman nagged about. She was a proud, rich and spoiled women. Her father was a very close friend to the president and an ambassador as well. By the time I was done with the reading the driver had brought in all my stuff from my apartment. Abena helped me unpack my things. "I hope you are done reading because we have just tonight to practice." She said. Apparently I was meeting Alison the next day! Abena was to run me through my 'act'.

I couldn't believe it was happening but it was. She pretended to be Alison and we had a conversation. She corrected some of the things I said. "Alison likes excersing a lot so you will meet her up there and befriend her. She's very stuck up but don't let that get to you. Pretend to be like her always." Abena said. It felt so much like when Samira was training me.

That night I had lots of nightmares. They were so terrifying I was very glad when morning came. Abena made me a delicious breakfast and at about 5pm I set off to the gym to meet Alison. Major Coleman called me and told me to 'act natural'. I was a bit nervous but when I got to the gym and started exercising I felt better. Alison walked into the gym about 20 minutes after I came. She really looked stuck up. She had music in her ears, a water bottle and a towel. She walked straight to the treadmill and started working out. I didn't know how I was going to get her attention.

To be continued... 

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. So unpredictable,I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is something else. I wish you would turn these into a book.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts