Emotionless 6

1:24 PM

I got up and walked into the door. I opened it and saw Coleman outside. He tried to enter but I stopped him. "What's wrong with you? Let me in!" He said furiously. "I want to be alone. Please leave." I shot back.

I tried to close the door but he put his foot in the way. He yelled at me again and before I could say anything Edem appeared. "Is there a problem?" He asked. Coleman turned to look at him. "There's no problem, my girlfriend is just letting me in." Coleman said looking directly at me and trying to push his way in. "Coleman just go." I said. I had tears in my eyes at this point. I couldn't hold the door any longer. Edem stepped in between me and Coleman and asked him to leave. "I don't think this is any of your business." Coleman said to him rolling his eyes.

Edem turned to look at me. "Are you OK?" He asked. I wasn't sure what to say but before I could open my mouth Coleman pushed the door almost tripping me. Edem held him and saved me from falling. He then grabbed Coleman's arm and told him to leave. Coleman quickly moved away, breaking free from Edem's grip and turned to look at me. I could see what he was thinking. "Lin do you really want me to leave?" He asked. I looked down. The apartment was basically his. I looked at Edem who looked very ready to fight. I couldn't believe he would do that for me. "It's ok Edem. Sorry for the confusion." I said opening the door for Coleman. He smiled and walked it. "Thank you." I said and closed the door. I could hear him calling me back but I couldn't face him. He was a very good guy, surely too good for me.

Coleman went into the kitchen and I sat in the hall. I looked around and wondered if the things around me was worth going through all this. I curled up on the couch and closed my eyes. Maybe it was all a dream. My eyes opened when I heard Coleman's footsteps. He sat down beside me. "I'm sure you think I'm some jerk and can't wait to get rid of me right?" He said. I turned to look at him. He had entered one of his gloomy moods. "No I don't." I lied. He shook his head. He obviously didn't believe me.

"I don't blame you. My father came to see me earlier today and he told me I was a failure. All my life that's what he's been calling me. I thought now that I had money he would see me differently but he didn't. All he could see was my failing marriage." Coleman went on. He had never told me this much about his father before. He seemed very upset. "Is that why you decided to do cocaine?" I asked. He shrugged. "How else was I going to clear my head?" He answered. All of a sudden I felt sorry for him. "Your dad cares about you. Of he didn't he wouldn't even come and see you." I said. Coleman looked doubtful. "When my mother died he did everything for us. He wanted us to be amazing men. My brother made it though. He became a doctor, married an awesome woman, won many awards and stuff. My younger sister is a lawyer in the UK. She flys in with her perfect family almost every year. I'm just the black sheep." Coleman said and took a sip of wine.

"I don't know why you are worried. You are married with beautiful kids and an executive in a big company." I said. He shook his head. "I'm miserable. Don't you see? I'm always complaining, whining here and there. The reason I have that glamorous job is because I married the CEO's daughter. Well I had to marry her because she was from a powerful family my dad wanted to get close to. Nothing I have was earned. My father has missed out on a number of political positions because of me. I'm always the one his opponent gets dirt on to use against him." He went on.

I picked up the wine bottle and drunk it without a glass. I wondered why Coleman was sharing so much information with me. "I promised my dad I would put myself together. I wanted today to be special. I ruined it." He said. I sat up and took another gulp of wine. Coleman stared at me for a while, as if he was contemplating telling me something. Then he looked away. I tried to get him to talk but it didn't work. He took a deep breath and kissed me. I was expecting him to unbutton my blouse but he didn't. He got up and went straight to the room and in a matter of minutes I heard him snoring.

Edem had sent me messages asking if I was ok. I didn't know how to reply them. I looked like a total fool in front of him. Now he definitely knew what I was. I felt ashamed so I ignored his messages. I read them and smiled at how thoughtful he was. He wanted to know if I was comfortable with Coleman around and if there was anything he could do. I smiled and thought of how lucky his girlfriend was to have him as I fell asleep. I mumbled a prayer for a normal life like her.


To be continued... 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Can she just dump this Man already?? Girls. Smh..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drinking with the enermy. I'm curious to find out why Coleman is being so mushy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life and its lessons. Ah well, will the next part be out this week?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts