Crash 5

3:55 AM


I leaned over for a kiss then my phone vibrated in my pocket. It scared me so I jumped forward and my head hit Mawuli’s nose. He moved back and held it in pain. “Sorry, so sorry. I didn’t know my phone was in my pocket.” I said, looking to see if he was ok. After a few seconds of silence we both started laughing.
Luckily for us Mawuli’s nose was not bleeding. I wasn’t of very much help either thanks to Mr. Whisky! “Mawuli I think I should leave now. I could get a taxi outside right?” I said trying to find my bag. He stopped massaging his nose and answered. “Oh, I can’t let you go like this. I will take you home. Whenever you are ready let me know.” I smiled. He was being super nice to me. I felt I was putting him in a rather uncomfortable position and for some reason I felt like kissing him. I don’t know whether it was because I wanted to get Steve’s cheating off my mind or I actually had feelings for Mawuli. Hey maybe it was Mr. Whisky. Either way the sooner I got out of his house the better.

 I stood up to leave. “Wait, can I use your bathroom?” I asked. I seriously needed to. Mawuli gave me directions and I went straight away. “Second door on your left.” I recited to myself. My vision wasn’t the clearest but I could walk straight. “What was I thinking, trying to kiss a married man?” I said to myself when I finally found the bathroom. I did a lot of thinking on the seat…don’t we all? I had to go home and sleep tonight off. We would tackle everything else the next day. I washed my face to see if that would help sharpen my vision and it actually did, well just a little. 

“Mawuli I’m so sorry about your nose.” I apologized on our way out. He giggled and said it was nothing. He added that he loved my company. “It feels like a dream come true seeing you again.” He said getting into the car. I was flattered. Wow, that was so nice. I looked at my phone and noticed it was 01:45. That was late. I didn’t even notice how fast time flew. I sat in the car and closed my door. Now we were both ready but the car wouldn’t start. Mawuli tried a number of times but the car would just not start. “ Oh come on. Wait here, lemme check something.” He said and opened the bonnet.

I kind of felt bad. I have no idea why but I just did. “Mawuli let me just take a cab home.” I said, getting out of the car. “Oh no it’s late and you are still kind of tipsy.” He said, examining the car. “Tipsy, ha!” I said and stood by the road to wait for a cab. “I’m serious, you are not taking a cab. I will be done with this in no time.” He said. He held me and dragged me back to the car. “Ah yes!” He said after fidgeting with the car for a few minutes. “I’ll be right back.” He said dashing into the house. “Hey wait for me. It’s too dark here.” I said and run after him. “I just need some water.” He said when we got in. He rushed to the kitchen for a bottle of water and rushed back outside. I sat down on the chair and waited for him. 

I took out my phone and saw 10 missed calls. They were all from Steve. I called him back. “What is your problem? Stop calling my phone! Go kiss your new girl some more ok?” I said. I heard him say I’m sorry and that she wasn’t his girl as expected. Then I hang up. I felt angry. He was calling again. I didn’t think and answered the phone. “Steve you just want me to forget about your kiss and we can live happily ever after?” I asked. He paused for a while. “I’m sorry, I was stupid but I love you. You know that, don’t you?” He said. “Steve you know what? Maybe we shouldn’t break up. I will have you back but I’m gonna have just as much fun as you did before. Tonight is mine, tomorrow will be ours.” I said and hung up the phone. I turned the phone off before he could call back.

“Yo, Magic Mawuli just fixed the car. So we are good to go.” Mawuli said, rushing into the room all excited. I turned around walked to him and kissed him. He was clearly surprised. He didn’t see this coming but he kissed back. It felt so good. Then he slowly pulled me away. “This is wrong? We can’t do this.” He said. I held his chin. “Mawuli, we have already done it.” I said. He leaned forward and kissed me. This time with his hands around me.

Yup..to be continued...

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts